Thursday, May 23, 2024

Ready for 2024

Its been a year since I blogged about Me and My Z... so no promises this won't be the only post for 2024, but I at least need to share a post of what I have done, or er had done to get before season started. 

I slowly in 2022 and 2023 amassed brake upgrade parts and once I had all the parts I planned to install them all myself... but well life and time has gotten in the way. So while I know how to do all the work, I paid my friends at Dave's Garage on Main Street in South Bend to do the work. They have worked on my daily drivers for the past 15 years, I trusted them to work on the Z. 

While taking classes at Ivy Tech I did the stainless steel brake lines and took everything apart and did some OEM replacements, but now it was time for a little upgrade. So what did I buy? 

Powerstop Slotted Rotors
Hawk Performance Race Brake Pads
Rebuild and Silver painted calipers
FutoFab Adjustable Tension Rods

I also failed to post in the fall when I got another set of shoes for the Fairlady. I documented the previous pair my Shelby Libres that I restored. You can ready about those here... Fairladys New Shoes. I wanted to get some better rubber for racing so I picked up some 15 inch Konig Rewinds wheels from MotorSport Auto and then some of the new Bridgestones from the Tire Rack. 

A couple weeks ago I polished her up for a Cars and Coffee at the Studebaker National Museum and this past weekend got her dirty hitting cones and racing at the Tire Rack Test Track. The brakes are a loud noisier for daily driving, but VERY grippy for autocross! Next month we will test them out well at Gingerman Raceway! 

So Me and My Z are back in action... I have a few projects I want to get done to her this year but for now enjoying her as is, and glad to have a garage I trust to work on her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment