Monday, September 13, 2010

All grown up... First Car Show!

The local drive in malt shop on Sundays does a classic car night. I have driven by a few times and wanted to check out the cars. Well then I thought, wait... I should take the Z!

So this past Sunday the Z made her debut at Bonnie Doons. Heather and I got there a little late, so we had to park in the overflow lot. With is alright, I didn't even detail the Z yet. She had a few people walk by and check her out.

We enjoyed the show and of course here in South Bend it means lots of Studabakers. There were a few cool custom hot rods, some classic restores and a few more modern rides and unfortunately even a couple riced up cars as well. The ricey cars make the Z mad cause they ruin the rep of Japanese rides.

So this weekend was a good car weekend. Hermen and I had a Team PLP reunion and did the brakes on the Jetta. We learned about crazy German engineering and it took nearly as long to learn how to use the fancy brake tool I bought. Ha.

3 comments:

  1. Samuel,

    The Z is turing out great! When you going to bring the bad boy by bro? Let it be known to the world its capabilities and potential. I will have to buy a nice old car and let you work on it for me and i will pay you!

    Rodolfo Martinez

    ReplyDelete
  2. A classic night to remember! No wonder the Z made so many heads turn; it’s just so striking! Almost everything that you want for a car is possessed by the Z. It has aesthetics, reliability, performance, and durability! I really could not ask for more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Car shows are really fun and exciting! You get to see unique and awesome cars that you rarely see on the road. Likewise, it gives you a chance to learn more about cars. See? You learned something as when you joined the show for the first time! So, have you been to another car event after this?

    ReplyDelete