Saturday, January 29, 2011

#1 Trophy

Well I got my first class trophy from the South Bend Region of the Sports Car Club of America. The past two years I got a trophy for being in the top 20 in overall points from the club... and I repeated this year but made it into the top 10! I have won individual events with the Furrin Group, SBR and placed in several other regional events (Detroit, Saginaw Valley and Fort Wayne). I have not however won an annual class trophy until now...

So this is a good feeling... I am the Street Tire Restricted (STR) class champion for my region. I already posted the info about the award... and wanted to show off my new swap... a great roller duffle bag for hauling all my stuff to future races!





For the record four other members and one novice ran in my class. So I didn't just win by default... well maybe a little, I ran the most races and got the most points. Either way it is a win, its a trophy and I am happy with my bag (even though it isn't a tire rack from the Tire Rack. Ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment