Saturday, May 7, 2011

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling


She rolled for the first time this year... unfortunately not under her own power. This winter she wouldn't start. Thought it was the starter, but it ended up the battery got drained. So I charged the battery but she still wouldn't go... I tinkered a little but didn't have time to figure out what was wrong.

So thankfully our AAA came in useful again and she rolled onto a flat bed and went to the shop. I figured, well if she is at the shop lets get that head rebuilt while she is in there all at once. Well the shop didn't want to tackle the head, so I just had them tackle the starting issue.

The fuel pump died... I tracked down and ordered parts. I hopes that iwas all that she needs. Rebuilding the head isn't going to be cheap, so the less I have to spend on the other stuff the better! I was thinking if she runs well enough with a new pump I can squeeze another summer out of the head and do the rebuild next winter.

The fingers were crossed... it was sad watching my baby drive away... and then worse news came. The shop she was at can't rebuild the head, and even with the new fuel pump couldn't get her running. Power isn't getting to the injectors for some reason and they don't have to tools and experience to get it fixed. So now I have to find a new shop and let the work continue...

All this just to get my baby running... ARGH. Hopefully soon she will be rolling, rolling, rolling... on her own power.

1 comment:

  1. Toyo Tires has a strong history with the racing car industry and has been heavily involved in supporting the performance market scene in Australia, with sponsorship of all types of events. Tires For Sale

    ReplyDelete