Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day with my Dad and the Z

I love working on cars... and so does my dad. Not sure if it would of been his number one choice of fun bonding but we did some work for the Z... not on the Z, but for the Z. What does that mean you might ask... we went to a junkyard and got parts from another Z, that will eventually go on my Z. 

 On Sunday, in between World Cup matches we went to a local auto salvage place where they have a Z with tons of parts I wanted. The main item was some leather seats, which are currently white and in great shape. I hope to turn them into black leather seats and get rid of my ugly brown vinyl and tweed seats in my Z right now. I also scored a ton of other parts. Engine inspection light, glove box door, shift boot clips, extra screws, AFM boot, HVAC ducts, and the best item was a second set of the full taillight panel. I want to paint that black. So now I can paint this second set, get it done and ready and easily just swap them out. Then I sell that set. 

It was a good day... I scored the entire list of parts for just $75 which is about what one seat goes for on my forum. So can't beat this deal on a lot of stuff! 

Thanks to my pop for getting sweaty with me out there and working on cars like we did with my old Camaro when I was just 15 years old... We ended the outing with some KFC and watched the Brazil game. Happy Fathers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment