Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First Cruise in the Z

Well I got her out of the shop yesterday afternoon and we went for a cruise. Well, ran some errands, but I had the window rolled down and would of had the radio cranked up if it had one. Details details... 

First round of repairs got her road worthy. Basically a tune up, she got new spark plugs and a new injector (#1). We fixed one trans leak from the main seal to the output shaft. Next on the list is doing the brakes, I have never worked on drum brakes so we will see how it goes. 

So we took a cruise... I drove from the shop home, then to the BMV to get her registered and order my new title (yeah!). It took a lot of driving around to find the BMV... man IN makes everything difficult but I enjoyed the extra drive time. In between trips I snapped a couple pics of the Z... 


So good story... after the BMV I had to run to ACE. Sunday I dropped off my Z keys at ACE because I was in the hurry. Heather was going to pick them up for me. Well they gave my keys to someone else! Luckily they tracked down who they gave the keys to and got them for me... Whew it was the only set that came with the car! Unfortunately the keys were not cut well and didn't work. So I went down there to get them fixed... 10 key blanks later I finally got one ignition copy made that kinda worked, two ignition keys that sorta worked, and two new door keys. Hope not every project on the Z will be this hard! 

I finally made it home, it was dark already and luckily all the exterior lights work on her (side markers, headlights, brights, turn signals, dash lights, etc.). I took Heather out for her first cruise in the Z. We drove around the neighborhood, by the Frank Lloyd Wright house, and I put the peddle down a little. Felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment