Friday, March 26, 2010

Take Your Z to Work Day

TGIF. 

Decided today I would drive the Z to work. Maybe tonight after work I can take D out to dinner in the Z. We could kick it old school and go to Bonnie Doons and have a car hop serve us in the car. Make the Z remember her glory days. The problem is there are no cup holders for the milkshakes... So this week I have been working on the interior and figuring out all the wiring. It wasn't in as bad of shape as I thought... well that is the current diagnosis. I got all the harnesses plugged in, matched wires and the shift boot that was just laying in the car is now properly installed and has a nice MOMO shift knob installed that my wife got me for the SpecV.

I had fun this week doing all the research on the wiring inside the car. The car was originally an automatic so there are some wires in there that just don't go to anything anymore that the previous owners just left hanging. Plus in 1975 was the first year they had all the smog restrictions so I have wire harnesses for some EPA stuff that has since been removed from the car. The hard wiring project will be trying to figure out how to wire a radio into there... all the wires were cut so it will be a frustrating afternoon sitting there testing wire to wire to see what drives which speaker, power, etc. 

Until then, it is cruisin' in the Z with no tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment