Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day Cruise

My friend Fred came over today. He owns a 300ZX Twin Turbo... which is awesome and he offered to come over and help out with my Z for a little bit. He is going to be helping me pull the head and replace it. Today we ended up just doing some odds and ends.

So while I had helped we jacked up the rear end of the car and worked on getting the rear bumper off. I want to swap out the heavier 280z bumpers for either a clean no bumper look or get some 240z bumpers. They came off really easy, but I need to figure out how to get the bumper shock absorbers off. I like the look with no rear bumper.

Luckily it was painted under the bumper, once I had it half off I got worried it wouldn't be painted under there... but the last guy did a good job painting it. So now later this week I want to try and take the front bumper off. Man those things are heavy!

Then we took the Z on some country roads... I finally really burned some rubber on her and pushed her hard. We went and checked out Fred's Z and the work he is doing on it. He is doing some stereo work so I will be able to help him with that since he can help me with more mechanical work.

Autocross on May 16th... I think I might give the Z a shot! If not, Fred said I can co-drive his Z. So either way this Sunday I will be autocrossing a Z!

No comments:

Post a Comment