Saturday, May 29, 2010

Throw some Ds on that Z

Well I didn't get D's (20 inch rims) on the Z, cause they won't fit, and two I am not that bling (18s on the Altima are as big as I go). I did finally get tires and mounted the new rims on the Z. It is pretty exciting because the tires on the car were nearly 12 years old and had horrible flat spots so they road super bumpy.

So this is the biggest mod done on the car so far and man does she look mean now. Here are the specs of what I got:

XXR 513 Wheels in 16x8 with a Zero Offset (XXR Wheels)
Kumho Ecsta AST Tires in 225/50R16 (Kumho)

I have always had good luck with my Kumho tires in the past and the deal from Discount Tire was way to good to pass up. Good timing as always!

So it was a good Z weekend. I got the transmission leak fixed, got the new rubber and rims on her and she is looking mean. Now I can start putting the center console back in the car since the trans work is done.

The rest of the weekend will be yardwork... but the plan will be to get the interior back together as best I can because next week I want to take her to her first race. Hopefully we will be racing at Grissom (SBR Series #3 and #4 races).

No comments:

Post a Comment