Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sans Bumpers

Well while I am waiting to get the head rebuilt (I am slowly stock piling all the parts I will need) I decided to work on some other projects. One was to take the super heavy bumpers off the car. In 1975 they added bigger bumpers to the car to meet crash ratings. Well weight isn't good on a sports car, so I took them off and will be shopping around for some used older style bumpers to put on the car.

So here is a before and after picture... I actually really like it with no bumper!
BEFORE:

AFTER:


The rear is also a big difference I will post more pictures later. For now I wanted to share a picture of my garage space. Our house has a small two car garage... and I mean two cars and not much else! So I have to be creative in how to fit everything in there that I need.

I bought a small shelf that converts into a low profile workbench. I organized it and bought a small parts bin rack for all the little odds and ends I will be collecting (and that I already have). I made a space for race equipment and hung up my Nissan and Datsun banners. Until I get to overhaul the garage and really make it car friendly this will do, I like it!

So tomorrow is the second autocross of the season... still not ready to race the Z... gun shy and my friend Fred offered to let me co-drive his 300zx Twin Turbo so I can't turn that offer down! Wish me luck... first autocross in a Z!

No comments:

Post a Comment